French hotel group expanding rapidly in Europe
In 2009, the Tagerim Group, chaired by Jérôme Quentin-Mauroy, a property development expert with over 8,000 homes built throughout France, made the decision to widen the scope of its activity by developing a hotel branch, launching: 9Hotel Collection.
9Hotel Collection is the only French hotel group to come from a property development company and expand into the heart of Europe’s capital cities.
9Hotel Collection is founded on strong values of discipline and innovation. The Group’s structure has been constantly growing and acquiring new buildings to be converted into 3 and 4-star hotels since it was created nine years ago.
Its economic and commercial success have far surpassed even the most optimistic expectations.
All of the Group’s hotels offer original concepts and clean, open spaces with an extra touch of soul and a rich history attached. Each hotel has its own personality.
9Hotel Collection hotels are designed to offer communal areas where everyone can make the space their own, to feel like a Home Away From Home.
Decorated with luxurious materials and a timeless yet trendy style, all the spaces are chic and elegant.
The peaceful, intimate atmosphere makes it a great place for everyone to relax.
Now with a collection of nine 3 and 4-star boutique hotels situated in the most sought-after districts of European economic capitals, the Group is gradually expanding into the heart of Europe and completes two equity capital acquisitions each year, with three new openings already announced for 2018.
The Group also plans to broaden its development by inviting investors and offering them the benefit of 9Hotel Collection’s management expertise.
The Group’s hotels in Paris:
- 9HOTEL OPERA was purchased in 2010 and renovated in 2011/2012. At the end of June 2012, 13 new rooms were opened, gaining it greater prestige and a 3-star hotel ranking. The hotel currently has 48 rooms. In 2015, 35 rooms were renovated.
- 9HOTEL MONTPARNASSE was purchased on 31 October 2012. After several months of renovations, the hotel reopened in February 2014. The hotel has 43 rooms. Room 43 is known as ‘La Cabane’ (The Cottage), sporting an innovative, unusual concept. Designed entirely in wood, it is the only one of its kind in Paris.
- 9HOTEL REPUBLIQUE was purchased on 31 October 2012. Renovations on this hotel began in May 2014. The hotel reopened on 9 December 2015 with 48 rooms.
- A fourth Paris hotel will open in the heart of the historic Marais district, at 55 rue du Roi de Sicile in the 1st arrondissement. 9 HOTEL CONFIDENTIEL will have 29 rooms and suites. It will be ranked five stars and designed by Philippe Starck. The opening is already scheduled for Summer 2018.
Five other hotels in Europe:
- 9HOTEL CENTRAL (Brussels) was purchased in late July 2012. The hotel closed for renovations for six months in 2013. It has 47 rooms and enjoys a central location in the heart of the capital..
- 9HOTEL SABLON (Brussels) was purchased in November 2014. Reopened on 21 March 2016, the hotel has four stars and 34 rooms and suites. It is located in the cultural district with Brussels’ art galleries.
- 9HOTEL MERCY (Lisbon) was purchased in December 2014. The hotel has four stars and 47 rooms and suites. It is one of the must-see locations of the Chiado district.
- 9HOTEL PAQUIS (Geneva) was purchased on 30 September 2016. It is the Group’s ninth hotel. The 3-star establishment is ideally situated between Gare Cornavin and Lake Geneva in the central district of Pâquis. It has 56 rooms, a well-being area (pool & sauna) and a fitness room. The reopening is scheduled for June 2018.
- 9HOTEL CESARI (Rome): Rome’s oldest hotel, opened in 1787. It has 47 rooms and one of the most famous rooftop bars in Rome, spanning 500 m2.
- CASON DEL TORMES (Madrid) was purchased in February 2015. The hotel has 63 rooms and sits opposite the Spanish Senate. It will be renovated during 2019.